Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mystery Muffins

 
Today I surprised the boys with play dough mystery muffins. This activity is good for building hand strength, fine motor skills, sensory integration, letter identification (I added letter beads could add number beads or other treasures related to a theme) and its fun.
 First I collected some mystery treasures.
 Then I rolled a collection of treasures inside a ball of homemade play dough. Its doesn't need to be home made play dough any will do.  I made Kool Aid scented play dough I like using scented play dough for an extra sensory component.

Kool Aid Play Dough

2 cups flour
1 cup salt
2 cups hot water
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 Tbsp cream or tartar
1 packet Kool Aid mix
Food coloring optional

Mix all ingredients well in microwave safe dish. Microwave in one minute increments stirring well in between. Normally takes 3-5 min to get play dough consistency. Let cool and knead.

 Roll up the treasure filled play dough in a ball and place in a muffin tin.

Invite your munchkin to find the treasures in the mystery muffin.



 We also used the treasures to make play dough pizzas.


A Marvelous Mess

abc button



1 comment: