Sunday, January 8, 2012

Winter Scoop and Shake Bin

 I put together this winter sensory bin with lots of different wintery textures to touch and explore. I used rice, dried northern beans, cotton balls, glass globs, acorns and pine cones.
 I set a bin with scoops and a bunch of containers with lids next to the sensory bin. I wanted to give the boys a chance to get a little more fine motor and hand strengthening by opening the containers and adding different items to make shakers.
 This activity is good for exploring senses- touch, sight and sound. We experimented with putting different items in the different containers to see what sound they made.

 Opening and closing the containers is also good for hand strengthening. I had a few containers with twist off lids- Gatorade bottle and plastic freezer jars, and a few with snap on lids Pringle container, sour cream container.

 Scoop
 Shake


Classified: Mom Making abc button
3Boys&aDog DEALS!

5 comments:

  1. Love your winter sensory bin! Love how it works so many different senses.

    Dropped in from Link & Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I've never tried using sensory bins, but the more I see, the more I want to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter also loves scooping and pouring! Your bin looks like so much fun for a preschooler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sensory bin is awesome! I love all the purposes. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete