Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Calm but Engaging Indoor Play

Both kid have colds but still have boundless energy but running around or going outside is resulting in coughing fits. So I've trying to come up with a few activities that will keep them interested but fairly calm. I changed up a few of my go to play mediums play dough and water.
 First we made an arctic animal water bin.
 We placed a bunch of arctic animal toys in the bin and poured in water. I found a small blue tarp at my local hard ware store for $1 that I put underneath.
 To add another sensory element we added some plastic snowflakes. I'm not a huge fan of these but picked up a bag on clearance and we added a few handfuls to the water.



Then I pulled out our play dough and added marbles and golf tees. This was a huge hit!


 The boys liked making sculptures and playing "golf" games.

No comments:

Post a Comment