Friday, December 30, 2011

Cutting New Year's Confetti Bin

 
So I apologize that almost all my activities this week have been in bins! It wasn't planned it just worked out that way.  The boys could use some practice with their scissor skills. I thought it would be fun to give them a chance to cut a variety of items and textures.
I put assorted strips of paper, silver and white tinsel garland and blue and green bead garland in a bin and told the boys they could cut everything in the bin to make new years confetti.
L really liked this activity. He really liked cutting the bead garland.

I will warn you this activity made a huge mess. Luckily I put the sheet down underneath the bin and was able to dump most of the stuff back in the bin. But I did have to vacuum up a bunch of little tinsel pieces.
I got everything for this bin on clearance and plan on using the cut up pieces for other projects.

I'm not planning on throwing the confetti in the air since we put the bead garland in it but the bin looks "new yearsy" and festive.

For the Kids Friday

2 comments:

  1. What a great New Year's sensory bin! By the way I awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! You can check it out here The Versatile Blogger Award

    Happy New Year!

    Lisa
    Criss-Cross Applesauce

    ReplyDelete