Monday, December 5, 2011

Gingerbread Cloud Dough

I saw the recipe for cloud dough on Flights of Whimsy a while ago and we have made cloud dough a few times. Cloud dough is a mix of oil and flour that is mold able its very similar to Moon Dough but far cheaper. We have been giving everything a holiday twist over here so I decided to make gingerbread could dough.
Gingerbread Cloud Dough
5 cups flour
1 cup oil we used canola
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp powdered ginger
Combine all ingredients and mix well. Our ratio of oil to flour is a little different than on flights of whimsy because I found with less flour its more like moon dough and sticks together a little better. It's just our preference you can experiment with the ratio of oil and flour.
Adding the cinnamon and ginger made it smell wonderful. The boys had a lot of fun playing bakery.
We used scoops, silicone muffin pans and cookie cutters. Warning though this stuff is messy and can make a mess fast. The boys started throwing it and the dough had to be put away for another day.



Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

Thrifty Thursaday

6 comments:

  1. How fun! My daughter just got Moon Dough for her birthday, I must admit I have never used it before but I love the idea of making it and putting the holiday twist on it! (And, this is another great activity that you could share on Thrifty Thursday this week!!)

    Also, I wanted to let you know that I am really enjoying your blog, which is why I am passing along a Blog Award to you! Thanks for sharing all the great do-it0yourself recipes, activities and your creativity with us all!

    http://www.playingwithwords365.com/2011/12/my-first-blog-award/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun and creative idea! I bet it smells amazing when they play with it! Gingerbread is one of my FAVORITE holiday time smells. Thanks for sharing this great idea! We'd love you to share it with our readers as well for Fun Stuff Fridays linky party. http://www.toysinthedryer.com/2011/12/fun-stuff-fridays-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! My kids always want to play with our gingerbread cookie dough..... this would smell as good & not have raw eggs in it =-) THanks for linking up to TGIF! See you next week,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so making this next week for our Christmas unit! I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to make this for my tot during our gingerbread week! Thanks for sharing it!

    Stopped by from Thrifty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of cloud dough before. I should definitely give it a try... and all things with boys eventually devolve into throwing don't they??

    ReplyDelete