Saturday, December 3, 2011

Shape Wreath

 
We have been making a lot of Christmas trees this week so I thought I'd change things up a bit by making a wreath. I wanted to incorporate shapes so this is a shape wreath. We used a paper plate with the center cut out for the base. We also used green construction paper triangles and red paper shapes to make the bow and decorations. 
 L was so excited to make this he had most of his green triangles glued down before I got to take any pictures.
Glue down the green triangles first.
  
Then add the red decorations.

Finished.
  This project was pretty easy for the boys and they finished pretty quick.  There are a lot of ways to expand on this project if you want it to take a little longer. I could have had them help with cutting the triangles. Other decorations or glitter could be added as well to make it a more involved project. It worked out fine for us to have a quick craft since we also made other projects, played play dough and were generally pretty busy.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of shape craft nut so I love, love, love this idea!!! Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Thank you so much for sharing it at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete