Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Alphabet Dig!

I'm feeling a little under the weather today so I was trying to think of a few simple activities to do. I saw this alphabet puzzle from the dollar store and thought what could I do with that? Then I came up the idea to combine it with one of the boys favorite activities digging in rice and came up with Alphabet Dig! I may have seen this idea somewhere but I can't remember so let me know if it's your idea and I will credit you. Thanks.

You will need- a alphabet puzzle (other puzzles would work too), bin, rice or beans and some scoops.

First take the puzzle apart and put in the bin.

Add enough rice to cover.


Add scoops.


Set up the bin next to the empty puzzle and let the kids have fun finding the letters and putting in the puzzle. I had planned on doing this inside on a sheet but it was so nice we moved it outside.

This was a big hit with my boys they played it twice and worked together very nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment