Thursday, November 17, 2011

Cornucopia Snack Mix

 My mom asked the boys and I to make the favors for Thanksgiving this year so we came up with making cornucopia snack mix. The main thing that makes it cornucopia snack mix is the addition of bugles which look like mini cornucopias (to me anyways).
You can tailor this mix to what your family likes and/or adapt for allergies. You don't have to be exact with your measurements either. We didn't really measure but I'm putting the approximate amounts as a guide.

Cornucopia Snack Mix

2 cups Chex (we used Honey Nut)
2 cups Bugles corn snacks
1 cup M&M's candy
1 cup craisins
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup cashews
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds



We started by sorting out the fall colored M&M's orange, yellow and brown. You don't have to do this but I couldn't find any fall M&M's left in the store and the kids like sorting. I saved the other colors in the freezer for Christmas cookies. Then add the remaining ingredients and stir.
 Notice how L has blue lips he's one of the only people I know who can make a huge mess while eating an M&M!
 Sampling the ingredients!

 Mix

Ta da!

Shared on check-me-out-saturday and
Reviews and Giveaways


Happy Go Lucky

3 comments:

  1. I guess I know what will be sitting in front of me next week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see you Biffy! I didn't post pictures of how I wrapped the snack mix so it'd be a surprise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmmm! That looks and sounds SO tasty! Have you tried the sweet and salty bugles? They are deLICious...I had to get some today for something similar that I'm making and the store was out of regular ones. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe at Shine on Fridays! Have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete