Friday, November 11, 2011

Fun For Dinner! Make Your Own Sub Shop


I've been trying to get the boys more involved in cooking dinner because they love helping me cook. So last night I thought it would be fun if we had a make your own sub shop for dinner. Now I know this isn't a ground breaking new idea but when cooking with kids I think simple is fine. I put out a tray of assorted veggie meat, cheese, olives, pickles, and sliced veggies and some sub rolls. I also put fabric over the table because whenever we play restaurant the boys like to have a table cloth to make it fancy!
I invited the boys to the table and told them we were going to make our own subs for dinner. This lead to a fun conversation about underwater submarines. They had fun picking out what they would like on their sub.


L really liked putting the ingredients on his roll. E just wanted to eat everything separately.

We had a fun sub shop dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment