Friday, November 11, 2011

Apple Pie Playdough and Frisbees

I make play dough all the time because the boys love it. Yes its messy but its less mess since they are occupied rather than running amok through the house. I try to change up the color and scents of play dough as well as what I put out to use with the play dough. This week I was inspired by our recent apple picking adventure to make apple pie scented play dough by adding red food coloring, apple pie spice and cinnamon.  As I was heading out to the porch to grab some pine cones, bark and sticks to use with the play dough I spotted two Frisbees that we got for free and thought they could hold everything. I put out everything for E while L was at school.

I grabbed the natural materials sticks, bark, pine cones and silk leaves. E grabbed a bunch of animals and he dumped everything on to one Frisbee so the other could be used as the base for his zoo.


I just grabbed the Frisbee to hold stuff but it worked out as a great base.



Apple pie scented playdough

 In a microwave safe bowl mix 2 cups hot water, several drops red food coloring, 1cup salt, 2 tablespoons oil, generous sprinkling of apple pie spice and cinnamon and glitter. Mix thoroughly then add 1/2 TBSP Baking soda and 1/2TBSP Baking powder (or 1 TBSP cream of tartar instead of both the baking soda and powder) and 2 cups flour. Mix well and microwave on high in one minute increments stirring well in between until you get a dough like consistency (takes about 5 min). Then I sprinkle with a little more flour let cool and knead.

No comments:

Post a Comment