Thursday, November 10, 2011

Autumn Sensory Bin- Play Challenge

I saw the 30 days to play challenge that is going on at Imagination Tree and Hands on: as we grow which you can read more about here: 
Imagination Tree
Hands on: as we grow

I joined the challenge a little late on day 9 but I am going to try to do the previous ideas this month as well. The challenge for Day 9 was to play with a sensory bin. I had a Halloween bin we had been playing with so I took out the Halloween stuff and added leaves, fall colored blocks, foam turkeys, a few trees, pine cones and pasta.

I also put out a bunch of cups and toilet paper tubes for dumping and filling.

 First I play with E while we were waiting for big brother's bus. He saw the trees and a few other things and said he wanted to make a zoo. I went with his ideas and we got some animals and played zoo.

L was excited to see what we had set up when he got off the bus. he had fun exploring with us and had the idea to plant the trees in containers so they could "grow". We had lots of fun with this challenge and can't wait to try the others.

No comments:

Post a Comment