Monday, November 28, 2011

Christmas Exercise Cards

I have two very active boys and am constantly trying to come up with energetic activities for us. Now that we are spending more time inside its getting a little harder to stay active. I've seen the idea for making cards with exercises on them before and thought I would make some with a Christmas twist.
 I was going to type them on the computer but we are out of ink. So I decided to use some of the giant stack of paint samples I have left from our bathroom redo. You could type these or use construction paper or index cards. On each card I wrote the exercise and added a Christmas sticker that went with the exercise. You could use clip art or a drawing or leave the stickers off all together.
Here are the exercises I came up with:
  • Make "snow" angels on the floor.
  • Jump up and pretend to hang ornaments.
  • March while singing Jingle Bells
  • Thumpity, thump, thump like Frosty the Snowman
  • Reach up high to the stars
  • Bend and stretch into the shape of a candy cane.
  • Pretend to climb the chimney like Santa.
  • Run as fast as you can in place like the gingerbread man.
  • Say "Ho, ho, ho!" and shake your belly like Santa.
  • Waddle like a penguin.
  • Prance like a reindeer.
  • March like the Little Drummer Boy
  • Crouch down low then pop up like a jack-in-the-box.
To add some counting practice after the boys pull a card I hold up the number of fingers for the number of times we are going to do the exercise. Then they count how many fingers and count as we do the exercise. I also let them have a turn to hold up their fingers for how many times they would like to do an exercise. You could also roll dice or pull number cards.
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

2 comments:

  1. What great ideas!!

    I wanted to pass on an award to you since I know how hard it is to start out in the blog world. Check it out at http://craftymomsshare.blogspot.com/2011/11/award.html.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award and what a fun exercise activity for kiddos! I'll have to try this with my daughter!

    ReplyDelete